EDUCATOR / SMALL BUSINESS EXECUTIVE / CORPORATE MANAGER
Proven Academic, Management and Leadership Skills: More than thirty years of diverse educational responsibilities, progressive leadership in corporate management and small business administration, including P&L responsibility, regulatory compliance, market analysis, budget, business planning, staff education/training, personnel issues and a keen sense for customer service.
· Chief Academic Officer for distance learning university program.
· Classroom experience teaching anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, koiné Greek, and theology.
· Freelance writer & teacher of music and guitar.
· Corporate educator of physicians, nurses and therapists in respiratory therapy.
· Served on several interdisciplinary project development teams in healthcare.
· Prepared two hospitals and fifteen locations of a national DME Company for regulatory surveys. Accompanied regulatory surveyor to negotiate violations. Trained new managers in matters of policy and procedures and performed yearly evaluations on fifteen managers and scores of clinical staff.
· Member of sales team for National Corporation that consistently set quarterly records; and chaired a statewide strategic marketing roundtable.
· Leadership in ministry consisting of one associate & two pastoral positions..
Scholarly Works: Author of numerous journal articles and six books; recipient of two literature awards. Presented original research paper at national peer review journal conference recognized by Index Medicus.
Small Business Entrepreneur/Executive: Used expertise gained from eclectic education and rich, diverse career path to succeed in multiple small businesses in healthcare, food service and retail. Each business generated considerable cash flow and a respectable bottom line with a solid debt to equity ratio.
q Chief Academic Officer/Dean, Honolulu University; 2009–Present
q President, Allen’s Respiratory Care & Consultation: 2002–Present
q Freelance Writer/Educator: 1989 – Present.
q Department Manager, Respiratory Care at Medical Center: 1999–2002
q Ventilator Home Care Coordinator, DME: 1998–1999
q Owner, Allen’s 101 Computers: 1994–1998
q Owner, Paolo’s Pizza & Pasta: 1990–1992.
q Department Manager, Hospital: 1988–1990
q Senior Pastor, Community Church: 1987–1988
q Assistant Pastor, Senior First Baptist Church: 1980–1985
q Director, Respiratory Therapy Department, Hospital: 1975–1979